Applegreen, one of the leading convenience forecourt retailers in Ireland has announced the launch of fuelgood PowerPlus, Applegreen’s most advanced, premium fuel to date. This new fuel uses a more concentrated additive that cleans up a vehicle’s engine as it drives, restoring the car to a ‘like new’ condition by reducing the deposit build up and enabling advanced engine performance.
Commenting on the launch of fuelgood PowerPlus, Aisling Ryan, Head of Marketing, Applegreen said; “At Applegreen we are committed to bringing the best to our customers including our fuel, coffee and food offerings. With fuelgood PowerPlus we are delivering on this commitment to our customers by offering better performance and power. In simple terms, fuelgood PowerPlus contains an increased concentration of our specially formulated additive, which cleans up the pistons inside a vehicle’s engine for an advanced performance, resulting in increased engine longevity. It also decreases the chances of incomplete combustion reducing HC, CO and NOx emissions, making it the premium fuel of choice for the more environmentally aware customer.”
Irish international hockey player and World Cup Silver Medallist 2018, Nicci Daly has a passion for cars having worked as a data engineer in Indianapolis, “the home of motor racing” for the Juncos Racing team, and she has also spent time working as a test engineer for Ford.
Nicci Daly said; “I love driving, which is just as well because it’s in my blood! My late dad Vivion Daly was a racing driver, my uncle Derek Daly raced in Formula 1 and my cousin Conor Daly is an IndyCar driver. With this in mind, I know the importance of looking after your car’s engine to get better performance and better power from it and keep it in the best shape it can be. With a homegrown brand like Applegreen, the fuel is from a trusted source and delivers on what I need for my car. fuelgood PowerPlus is for people who want to get more from their cars, and it ticks all the boxes on what I demand from a fuel.”
fuelgood PowerPlus is Applegreen’s most advanced unleaded and diesel fuel yet. It uses a concentrated additive to ensure drivers get the best from their vehicles. fuelgood PowerPlus cleans up the engine as the vehicle is driven and restores it to a ‘like new’ condition. fuelgood PowerPlus unleaded reduces friction in unleaded engines, giving vehicles an enhanced performance for an overall better drive. fuelgood PowerPlus products (both diesel and unleaded) are tested against standard EN 228/EN590 by an independent third party supplier, one of the world’s leading chemical companies. Further information can be found HERE
fuelgood PowerPlus is available at number of sites across Ireland, details of these are listed on the Applegreen website HERE.
Top Tips for Car Power by Applegreen and Nicci Daly
- Did you know that if the fuel pump clicks as you’re putting fuel into your car this is caused by foam building up? Pull the nozzle out slightly and pump a little slower to stop it cutting out.
- Did you know that Applegreen’s fuelgood PowerPlus actually works to restore your engine? It uses a concentrated additive to ensure drivers are getting the best from their vehicle, it cleans up the engine whilst driving to restore it to a ‘like new’ condition.
- Lower pressure in the tyres increases the drag on your car, keeping your tyres inflated means you use less fuel, so check your pressure regularly.
- Air conditioning is hard on fuel – make sure you are only using it when you really need to in order to increase fuel efficiency.
- Don’t use your car as a storage solution – the heavier your car is the more effort it takes to accelerate and therefore the more fuel it demands. Spring clean your car for a healthier vehicle!
- Plan your short trips. Most of the wear and tear on your vehicle takes place in the first few minutes of driving. Carefully plan your errands by combining them as this will keep your engine happier for longer.
- Accelerate slowly when you begin your journey as most wear to the engine occurs in the first 10 to 20 minutes.
Nicci Daly set up Formula Female in 2018, to change the perception that Motorsport is a man’s world. Formula Female aims to introduce and engage younger females in something new, to empower them and educate them to believe that they can be part of the sport in many different roles and also to educate them on the role of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) subjects within Motorsport. They will be announcing a number of exciting new projects in 2019.