#BSB #OultonPark Two top ten finishes in tricky conditions for Jack Kennedy
Jack Kennedy kick started his British Superbike season with two top ten finishes at the second round of the series at Oulton Park. After a difficult opening round at Silverstone, it was the boost both he and the team needed. Jack rode strongly all weekend in changeable tricky conditions, putting in his best qualifying performance of the season so far with 8th position on the grid for his first race.
Jack launched off the line in race one slotting into fourth position behind Ellison, O’Halloran and Linfoot. On full wet tyres on a wet but drying track, grip became more difficult as the 18 lap race progressed but he went on to cross the line in a strong 7th place.
A downpour before the start of race two meant a gamble on tyre choice for teams and riders. It was a hard call with the vast majority, including Jack,opting for intermediates both front and rear. This would prove vital on a soaking wet track that once again saw a dry line appear at some corners as the race went on.
Another great start saw Jack quickly hit the front of pack to take the lead with Linfoot, Cooper and Seeley close on his heels. As the track dried by mid race distance, the riders on slicks were closing him down at a fast rate. With little grip left on his chewed up inters he dropped back the order to take 9th at the chequered flag and his second consecutive top ten finish of the season.
Jack “All in all, not a bad day with two top ten finishes in tricky conditions. I’m happy to get some points on the board and get the season properly started. Big up to Team WD40 and for everyone’s support. Now we’ve shown we can run at the front we can build on this and I’m hungry for more”.
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Oulton Park, race one result:
- Leon Haslam (JG Speedfit Kawasaki)
- Christian Iddon (Tyco BMW) +0.103s
- James Ellison (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) +2.644s
- Jason O’Halloran (Honda Racing) +7.750s
- Alastair Seeley (Royal Air Force BMW) +14.162s
- Michael Laverty (Tyco BMW) +14.682s
- Jack Kennedy (Team WD-40 Kawasaki) +19.710s
- Shane Byrne (Be Wiser Ducati) +24.796s
- Richard Cooper (Buildbase BMW) +26.506s
- Billy McConnell (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) +34.773s
MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Oulton Park, race two result:
- Richard Cooper (Buildbase BMW)
- Christian Iddon (Tyco BMW) +0.135s
- Leon Haslam (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) +7.639s
- James Ellison (JG Speedfit Kawasaki) +8.062s
- Michael Laverty (Tyco BMW) +8.183s
- Shane Byrne (Be Wiser Ducati) +17.447s
- Glenn Irwin (Be Wiser Ducati) +17.836s
- Jason O’Halloran (Honda Racing) +25.634s
- Jack Kennedy (Team WD-40 Kawasaki) +26.039s
- Stuart Easton (ePayMe Yamaha) +34.027s